Honors & Awards
- Quincy is in the distinguished position of being recognized as one of the three cities in the State of Illinois having an outstanding collection of architecturally and historically significant structures.
- The Quincy and Adams County area offers a high quality of life thanks to the availability of affordable housing, low crime rates, a variety of entertainment opportunities. This was confirmed when Forbes magazine ranked Quincy number 8 on its list of the Best Small Cities to Raise a Family in 2010.
- Quincy is home to America's first Community Arts Council. The Quincy Society of Fine Arts was founded in 1947 and continues to sponsor a wide range of cultural events including fine arts festivals, opera productions, arts classes, historic preservation and theater productions. The area is also the site of ten museums and four national historic districts, including one area with 50 square blocks of well-preserved private homes.
- Voted Top 10 Historic Small Towns in the US
- Twice designated as an All-America City
- Tree City, USA