Police Officer Testing
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. CITIZENSHIP - Must be a United States Citizen. If not a resident of Quincy, applicant must agree to move to and live within the boundaries of Adams County within 6 months after appointment.
2. EDUCATION- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree is preferred.
3. AGE - Not less than 20 1/2 years or more than 34 years at the time of testing. *No age restrictions for active full-time law enforcement officers.
4. All applicants must pass the following to be considered: written examination with a score of 70% or higher, background check, and oral interview. All applicants must pass the following to be hired: physical agility test, psychological and polygraph tests, a physical examination and a drug test. Applicants will be furnished a fact sheet explaining various points about being a police officer.
$51,242.49 up to $53,035.97 with educational incentives
* Lateral transfers $51,242.49 - $65,987.11
Plus subsequent increases and benefits
The City of Quincy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Quincy Police Department is a Veteran’s OJT Facility. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. *The Quincy Police Department has lateral entry for active full-time law enforcement officers. Starting salary for lateral entry officers will be based on the officer’s level of experience up to 5 years.
Applications are available starting January 18, 2019 at Quincy City Hall, 730 Maine Street, Quincy, Illinois, 62301, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and online at http://www.quincyil.gov/employment. Applications must be returned to the Board of Fire and Police Commission, 730 Maine Street, Suite 123, Quincy, Illinois, 62301, no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2019.
If you have any questions contact the Fire and Police Commission office at 217/228-4545, or e-mail your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing will be Saturday, March 16, 2019, starting at 9:00 a.m. Applicants should report to Quincy University Health and Fitness Center, 1800 Oak Street, Quincy, IL 62301.
QUINCY POLICE APPLICANT WORKSHOP
In advance of the scheduled March 16th, 2019 recruit testing, the Quincy Police Department will be offering a series of applicant workshops for individuals interested in applying to become a police officer with the City of Quincy. The workshops will focus on preparing for the physical agility demonstration as well as the written testing. The workshop for the physical agility will be held every Wednesday and Saturday in February and March (2/27, 3/2, 3/6, 3/9 and 3/13) at Quincy University Gym located at 18th and Oak. The hours will be between 10:00 am and 11:00 am on Saturdays and 6:00PM-7:00PM Wednesday. After completing the physical training on each of those days, the recruits are invited to the Quincy Regional Training Center at 1900 Seminary Rd for assistance in preparing for the written portion of the testing.
The workshops are open for anyone interested in taking the March 16th test, and a completed application is not necessary to attend. (For those who do decide to test will have a deadline of 4:30 pm on February 22nd, 2019 to turn in an application). The workshops are optional and not required as part of the application process. Those who are interested in attending the workshops may attend as many of the dates as they wish to.
For those attending the physical agility workshop please consider wearing comfortable workout clothing. There will be five physical activities you may choose to participate in: pre-exercise stretching, bench press, sit-ups, running and sit & reach.