August 20, 2018
Residents are reminded that yard waste, including grass clippings and leaves, shall not be blown, raked or deposited onto City streets and are encouraged to utilize the City’s Yard Waste Collection Program.
Yard waste shall be placed in biodegradable paper bags or reusable containers and set on the curb in front of your property for pickup by Evans Recycling. Yard waste will be collected on your scheduled garbage and recycling collection day. Please note the following:
- Reusable containers must be marked with a 2” stripe of contrasting color 12” from the top of the container
- Bags must not exceed 40 pounds in weight
- Yard waste cannot be placed in 55 gallon drums
- Branches cannot exceed 1” in diameter and 4' in length
- Trash, garbage and recyclable items cannot not be placed in yard waste bags or containers
City of Quincy residents are also able to drop yard waste of at the Evans Recycling waste site located at 711 West Radio Road.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Evans Recycling at (217)228-1432.